Servlets handle uri encoded POSTs just fine.  It's when the POST body is
encoded differently like with mulipart -- that's where tools like
fileupload come into the picture.  Either way, the POST body should be
completely available to the servlet, even if it's just as an input stream.

Were there any exceptions in the logs for broken pipes or similar stuff
that might shed some light on the issue?

--David