Hi,

I need to create the following situation:
- each client uses a war (all use the same war file) with configuration
files that are different for every client
- each client's configuration should be addressable by a different URL, e.g.
domainX, domainY

So in Tomcat 5.5 I created a Host entry for each client in the
server.xml/Engine, as well as the necessary configuration directories etc.

The whole setup works except for one thing: I don't know the clients
domainnames yet, so I need to add Host entries as new clients need to be
added. This however means I need to restart Tomcat each time I've added a
Host entry, which means that all existing clients are offline as well. This
is an unacceptable situation.

Is there a different method for setting things up that gives the same result
but allows adding virtual hosts on the fly, i.e. without restarting Tomcat?

Thanks.

Bye, Helma