Hello there! I'm trying to redirect some legacy System.out calls in
our app to a different logger. Since tomcat's logging implementation
does not allow one to configure the maximum size of the catalina.out,
we are easily reaching gigabytes of space on that file.

I thought that by just adding:

 <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
            xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false"
swallowOutput="true">

Would solve my problems, but, after re-starting the server and calling
a servlet that deliberate calls system.out, the catalina out gets all
the output

Well, tried to configure log4j as explained on
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/logging.html, did not work as
well, not matter what I do, catalina.out continues to grow. I do know
that we *should* not have any system.out on our code, but as I said,
it's a legacy code and I can't refactor an entire app in time.

Any ideas on how can one avoid the sysout gets logged?

Regards