Hello Mark. We have removed from all hosts the swallowOutput and add
it to the context section of each host. We have also added it to the
conf/context.xml.

Yet, the catalina.out keeps growing. We found that some apps, that are
using System.out/System.err, have their output redirected to
catalina.out. Also, since we put log4j on our classpath, and
configured a properties file for tomcat, now some apps are outputing
very verbose logs (DEBUG) to the catalina.out. Those came from ibatis,
that from some reason (we are checking the sources, but may take a
while) believes that the log4j is set to DEBUG.

My first guess is to believe that maybe those apps have a logging
configuration using DEBUG with a console appender, and that is being
redirected to catalina.out, would be this the issue?

We are generating several gigabytes of log per day, requesting us to
almost remove the log manually each 3-4 days.

Any ideas?

Regards