Christopher, André,

Christopher Schultz a écrit :

And (just to anticipate the next issue), Sylvie, does your program
actually need to read the content of the file and do something with that
content ?

Yeah, remember to use a Reader and specify the character encoding.
Yes, my program needs to do something with the content of files of the shared Windows directory. Actually, the main action is to parse each files and read content throught an "InputStreamReader(new FileInputStream(file))".

According to what Christopher says, I need to always specify the character encoding, so doing "InputStreamReader(new FileInputStream(file), encoding)"

Thanks for your help.

Sylvie.