Very userful information. Wondering if someone can help me out with similar
query:

My current set up:

I got 1 apache and 2 tomcat servers (all on different machines).
I already got SSL set up on individual Tomcat machines to work on port 8443.
There is no SSL installed on Apache.
I got mod_jk installed on apache to forward "all" HTTP requests to tomcat
servers for load balancing. It works fine.

I like to also forward all HTTPS requests to tomcat servers.

Question:
Do I must install certificate (SSL) on apache server? and remove from tomcat
servers???

If possible: I prefer to leave SSL on tomcat servers, and just tell apache
to forward all HTTPS to tomcats just like HTTP. My tomcat servers will
handle the workload fine with https. Can it be done? and how?

Thanks heaps,
Tezza