Hi,

I installed SSL on Apache and now HTTPS works fine over mod_jk.

But now I got SSL installed on all servers, apache and each Tomcat (JBoss)
as well, see excerpt from my server.xml files from Tomcat. If I remove
reference to SSL certificate from server.xml, HTTPS via apache (mod_jk)
doesn't. My apache and Tomcats are all on seperate machines.

Is this correct, what I have? that SSL need to be on Apache AND each
Tomcat???

I am concerned with this set up, thinking it may be doing SSL twice for each
request.

Tomcat's server.xml
-------------------
<Connector port="8080" address="${jboss.bind.address}"
         maxSpareThreads="75"
         maxThreads="1000"
         maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
         emptySessionPath="true"
         protocol="HTTP/1.1"
         enableLookups="false"
         redirectPort="8443"
         acceptCount="100"
         connectionTimeout="20000"
         disableUploadTimeout="true"
         compression="on"/>

    <Connector  address="${jboss.bind.address}"

      SSLEnabled="true"
      protocol="HTTP/1.1"
      port="8443"
      enableLookups="false"
      disableUploadTimeout="true"
      scheme="https"
      secure="true"
      sslProtocol="TLS"
      acceptCount="100"
      maxProcessors="75"
      maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
      maxThreads="1000"
      minSpareThreads="25"
      maxSpareThreads="75"
      debug="0"
      clientAuth="false"

      SSLPassword="xxxxxxxxxxx"
      SSLCertificateFile="X:/key/star_my_cert.crt"
      SSLCertificateKeyFile="X:/key/my_key.key"
      SSLCertificateChainFile="X:/key/digi.crt"

      minProcessors="5"
      compression="on"/>

    <Connector port="8009" address="${jboss.bind.address}"
protocol="AJP/1.3"
         emptySessionPath="true"
         enableLookups="false"
         redirectPort="8443"
         maxThreads="2000"
         connectionTimeout="600000"
         backlog="200" />

Apache Configs
---------------
httpd-ssl.conf
-------------
<VirtualHost admin.tisc.edu.au:443>

    ServerAdmin onlinead...@tisc.edu.au
    DocumentRoot "/docs/admin.tisc.edu.au"
    ServerName admin.tisc.edu.au
    ServerAlias admin.tisc.edu.au

    JkMountFile conf/uriworkermap.properties

    SSLEngine on
    SSLCertificateFile "C:/apache/key/star_cert.crt"
    SSLCertificateKeyFile "C:/apache/key/cert_key.key"
    SSLCertificateChainFile "C:/apache/key/chain_cert.crt"

</VirtualHost>