WOW Chris thanks for the feedback. I ended up taking option 2 for right now and
will do some testing where I hit a page with and without subdomains being used
to see the affect.

I noticed Yahoo uses quite a few subdomains so the hype can not all be wrong?

Anyway I will find out for my specific architecture/environment.

Many Thanks!
-Tony