Hi Chuck,

Here is a link to an article that explains a couple different ways a subdomain
cna be used. I am using the second one for directory or folder for images.

http://content.websitegear.com/article/about_subdomain.htm

Since I do not use a WAR for static deployment (seems an overkill for me) I am
not concerned about it. An admin asked my about wars which I thought to pose
here.

Thanks again for your very prompt reply.
-Tony