Oh yeah....good point..I likely don't have many (I have a few) DB errors
printing to the console.

Fortunately, I've shored that area up greatly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:chuck.caldar...@unisys.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 2:52 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: ConnectionPool question

> From: Propes, Barry L [mailto:barry.l.pro...@citi.com]
> Subject: RE: ConnectionPool question
>
> When I FIRST make a DB query through one of my JSPs/servlets, I get
> this msg printed to the console.
>
> AbandonedObjectPool is used
> (org.apache.commons.dbcp.abandonedobjectp...@b32627)
>    LogAbandoned: true
>    RemoveAbandoned: true
>    RemoveAbandonedTimeout: 30

The above message is displayed by the constructor for the pool, directly to
System.out, when the DataSource is being instantiated.  It simply says that
your config is using the abandoned pool mechanism, and not an indication that
you actually have any abandoned connections at this time.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.