> Rainer,
>
> On 11/12/2009 6:10 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
>> The 8184 refers to the AJP default max packet size of 8KB minus some
>> protocol overhead. So if a bug response is send, you will see lots of
>> thosse 8184, which are simply fully sized AJP packets. Although you
>> tried to increase the max packet size, it won't probably work, because
>> the backend has to be reconfigured to. Anyhow, the max packet size
>> should have no relation to the problem.
>
> If the max packet sizes are mismatched (mod_jk versus Tomcat's AJP
> connector), could that cause a problem here? Or, does mod_jk detect a
> packet-too-large situation and log a more meaningful error message?

No idea at the moment, but from the log snippet I would say he had
max_packet_size on the JK size increased to 64K and since it is the
absolute max you can choose, he cannot have it bigger on the backend
side. If it were smaller at the backend side, it should be no problem,
and since we see a lot of 8K packets, I expect him to actually still use
the default at the backend. That should be fine.

Regards,

Rainer