> Are you trying to deploy elements of a larger applications separately?
Yes that is exactly what i am trying to do.

I did consider the separate jar file option but i couldnt figure out a way
of including the jsp files in a jar file.

I basically have a large struts/Tiles based application and would like to
separate the deployment of each individual module of the application. I want
to try and avoid having to redeploy the whole application everytime there is
a change.