Hi.

I have an IDM instance setup.

I am currently trying to configure and set-up an LDAP Resource.

During the configuration, I got the error :

"Could not connect to the LDAP server "api.csc.fi". ==>
javax.naming.CommunicationException: simple bind failed: api.csc.fi:636"

Upon extensive research (on Tomcat websites, as well as Forums), I got
the notion that I needed to import the ldapCertificate into my JAVA
Keystore, otherwise it would be impossible for IDM to successfully
connect to LDAP.

I am using Apache Tomcat as my application server. I was able to locate
several online documents which explained how to import a trusted
certificate into the Keystore (unfortunately, these documents seem to
give several different solutions to the same problem).

Eventually, I decided to use the following command at my command-prompt :

 keytool -importcert -alias abc -file ABCCA.cer     (where "abc" is the alias)

The import was successful.

However, I am still getting the same error on my LDAP configuration.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is there something ELSE I need to do ?

Best regards,

Stephen

Windows Live Hotmail: Your friends can get your Facebook updates, right from
HotmailĀ®.
http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_4:092009