Thanks for your response,

No, I don't know any of these things.  This is why I am so confused!!

My JAVA folder has 3 different locations which contain the command "KEYTOOL"

I don't even know which of them is supposed to hold the certificate.

Yesterday, just to be on the safe side, I imported my certificate into ALL 3
locations (under 3 different aliases)

Still did not work.

Then I found yet another command online which says that, it's not enough to
import the certificate into keystore.  It needs to be imported directly into
the CACERT file.

But, it does not say HOW this should be done!!

To make matters even worse, I found yet another "advice" in Tomcat's
documentation, saying : before importing the certificate, you need to first
import a so-called TRUST CHAIN.

In some places, it says you need this trust chain if the certificate was
applied for by yourself.

In some places, it does not mention the trust chain at all, if you already
trust the certificate.

So, what exactly is the CORRECT way to do this?

And what is the right command???

is it  :       keytool -import -file tomcatCert.crt -trustcacerts -alias tomcat
-keystore c:/apps/jdk/jre/lib/security/cacerts -storepass changeit

or is it  :    keytool -import -alias root -keystore <your_keystore_filename>
-trustcacerts -file <filename_of_the_chain_certificate>

or :     keytool -import -alias tomcat -keystore <your_keystore_filename> -file
<your_certificate_filename>

or :      keytool -importcert -alias abc -file ABCCA.cer

Which is it ???

And what is the difference between KEYSTORE and CACERT ????

I am just so confused!!