> From: Pid [mailto:p...@pidster.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat 5.17 crashes too often
>
> Hopefully the request that caused the crash will be logged and you'll
> see which one it is.

I don't think so - the AccessLogValve doesn't write anything out until the
response has been generated.  Wireshark or something similar should catch the
last incoming messages that might be triggering the crash.

Regardless, I'd agree with Peter - throwing questionable DLLs into the Tomcat
process leaves you at risk.  This looks much safer (but I haven't personally
tried it):
http://php-java-bridge.sourceforge.net/pjb/

And there's always Quercus, which is pure Java, and it does run under Tomcat,
not just Resin:
http://caucho.com/download/quercus-4.0.2.war
http://wiki.caucho.com/Quercus:_Tomcat

 - Chuck