Hi

Os/  :  Windows 2000 / Linux
Same Tomcat 6.0.20 from

http://opensource.become.com/apache/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0.20/bin/apache-tomcat-6.0.20.zip

RAM is  2 GB on Linux   on  Windows is 1.5 GB
No extra applications are running when the same was executed

Machine details

Windows 2000
4 CPU 2.66GHz
Service Pack 4

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0-b64)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0-b64, mixed mode, sharing)

Linux
[r...@teleglb bin]# uname -o
GNU/Linux

[r...@teleglb bin]# uname -a
Linux teleglb.xius.ltd 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jul 12 23:27:17 EDT 2006 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux

[r...@teleglb bin]# uname -i
i386

[r...@teleglb bin]# uname -p
i686

[r...@teleglb bin]# java -version
java version "1.5.0_18"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_18-b02)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.5.0_18-b02, mixed mode)

>> Why is this ?
Need to deploy same  Application over  2 O/s for verifications / validation  of
Tomcat

>> Also, both Windows 2000 and Java 1.5 are in the "no longer supported"

Off the topic - Does this mean Every Hardware /S/w for 6 months needs
replacement

With regards
karthik