This is an application level problem. You need to implement your own
synchronization/locking system to prevent this from happening.

If you're running reports that are taking a while, you might want to
consider creating a system that will email the results to the clients rather
than making them wait.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/