Von: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 17. Dezember 2009 15:59
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: Re: AW: RE: RE: Ignore http header if-modified-since

Abid Hussain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is interesting. As you see in my example (i put it again below),
> tomcat itself delivers the Last-Modified (Do, 17 Dez 2009 11:11:29
> GMT) in a different locale (german) as the Date Header (Thu, 17 Dec
> 2009
> 11:24:53 GMT).

That sounds to me like a bug.
Maybe the easiest fix is to set an eglish-language locale when you start
Tomcat.
If this is under Linux, try the following :
- open a console window on the server and enter locale -a this will give
you a list of installed locales.
Maybe do
locale -a | grep en_
to limit the list.
Then, pick one of the list that contains utf8 and en, like maybe
en_us.utf8
Then, in the tomcat bin directory, find the script setenv.sh, or create
it if it does not exist, and add a line :
export LANG=en_us.utf8

The restart Tomcat and try again.
Do the headers now look different ?