On 18/12/2009 08:41, Abid Hussain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Tomcat 6.0.20, installed on a german Windows XP.
>
> I'm quite sure that the cause is tomcat's code.

And I'm quite sure it isn't. I have tested trunk, 6.0.x and 6.0.20 and
all behave correctly.

> When I use e.g. for
> startup polish locale:
> -Duser.language=pl
> -Duser.region=PL
> Tomcat delivers the Last-Modified header in polish:
> Pt, 18 gru 2009 08:33:49 GMT
>
> The Date header is always in correct format, no matter what locale is
> configured:
> Fri, 18 Dec 2009 08:33:49 GMT

If Tomcat generates the Last-Modified header, it generates it the same
way as it generates the Date header.

What looks more likely at this point is an application level component
generating the header and using the default Locale rather than the US
Locale.

Mark