Hi,

I have a web application that works when run directly under Tomcat.  This web
app has the following in web.xml:

        <security-constraint>
        <web-resource-collection>
                <web-resource-name>testweb</web-resource-name>
                <description> accessible by authenticated users of the tomcat
role</description>
                <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
                <http-method>GET</http-method>
                <http-method>POST</http-method>
                <http-method>PUT</http-method>
                <http-method>DELETE</http-method>
        </web-resource-collection>
        <auth-constraint>
                <description>These roles are allowed access</description>
                <role-name>luceneuser</role-name>
        </auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>

<login-config>
        <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
        <realm-name>Search</realm-name>
</login-config>

<security-role>
        <description>Only 'tomcat' role is allowed to access this web
application</description>
        <role-name>testuser</role-name>
</security-role>

However, when I run the webapp under Eclipse (i.e., do a "Run on server"), and
attempt to login as the same user, with the same password, I get a 403 (Access
denied) error.

If I remove the constraint, it then works under Tomcat and Eclipse

I've checked the Tomcat logs, and I don't see any info there.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening??

Thanks,
Jim

P.S.  Tomcat version is 5.5.2.8, under Windows.  Eclipse is latest Galileo.