Hi,

AHH!!

I was only looking through the Eclipse GUI settings, and hadn't noticed that
under Servers-->Tomcat v5.5 in the Eclipse Project Explorer, there were
catalina.policy, etc. files, including tomcat-users.xml :(...

So, I added my role and user definitions to that tomcat-users.xml, and it
worked!!

I'm still a little puzzled though.  In Eclipse Servers, there was also a
web.xml, but I *did NOT* have to modify that web.xml, and it's picking up the
web.xml from my webapp's WEB-INF\web.xml.  Is that because the web.xml under
Eclipse Servers is server-scoped, and so the web.xml in my webapp is overriding
the Eclipse Servers web.xml?

Thanks!

Jim