From: Steve G. Johnson [mailto:johnson_stev...@solarturbines.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 9:08 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: SSLv3/TLS man-in-middle vulnerability

Mark,
Our JRE is 1.6.0_17.
Below are server.xml entries for connectors minus security tag values.
Please suggest changes. Is that all I have to do before Security runs
another HP scan?
Thanks
<!--
       Define a SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443
        -->
          <Connector port="8443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxThreads="150"
        minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75" enableLookups="false"
        disableUploadTimeout="true" acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure
        ="true" clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" keystoreFile="xxx"
        keystorePass="xxx" keystoreType="PKCS12" />
      - <!--
       Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009
        -->
          <Connector port="8009" enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
        protocol="AJP/1.3" />
      - <!--
       Define a Proxied HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8082
        -->
      - <!--
       See proxy documentation for more information about using this.
        -->
      - <!--
            <Connector port="8082"
                       maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
        maxSpareThreads="75"
                       enableLookups="false" acceptCount="100"
        connectionTimeout="20000"
                       proxyPort="80" disableUploadTimeout="true" />

        -->

Steve Johnson (619) 237-8315 P Please consider the environment before
printing this e-mail.

             Mark Thomas
             <ma...@apache.org
                                       Tomcat Users List
             01/19/2010 06:48          <users@tomcat.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: SSLv3/TLS man-in-middle
               "Tomcat Users           vulnerability
                   List"
             <us...@tomcat.apa
                 che.org>

Caterpillar: Confidential Green                 Retain Until: 02/18/2010

On 19/01/2010 02:31, Steve G. Johnson wrote:
> Mark,
> Since we do not know how to "switch connectors", or install OpenSSL, and
do
> not have JDK on the server (only JRE 1.6.0_17), then I suppose the best
bet
> is to wait until Tomcat is fixed ("coming soon").

You can replace JDK with JRE in what I previously. Switching from BIO to
NIO is a simple change to server.xml, if you are interested.

Mark

*******************************  NOTICE  *********************************
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or
agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply or by
telephone (call us collect at 512-343-9100) and immediately delete this
message and all its attachments.