> From: Jeffrey Janner [mailto:jeffrey.jan...@polydyne.com]
> Subject: RE: SSLv3/TLS man-in-middle vulnerability
>
> If you have to stay with 5.5.23, you'll need to go with the ARP SSL
> connector.
>
> (slap me if I'm still wrong Charles, but I checked the doc and there
> doesn't appear to be support for NIO in 5.5.x)

That is correct; NIO was introduced with Tomcat 6.0.  There are noticeable
performance and security improvements in 6.0.x, so that would be the preferred
approach, even if APR is used.

Migration to 6.0.x is pretty much painless:
http://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.