On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 6:41 AM, Christopher Schultz
<ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> Mohit,
>
> On 2/11/2010 1:41 AM, Mohit Anchlia wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Christopher Schultz
>> <ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
>> Mohit,

>> I think you'll need to instrument either these clients or your webapp to
>> write more detailed logs in order to diagnose this.
>>
>>> Is there a way I can try and reproduce. What bothers me is that I
>>> don't see it in our logs. I was wondering if I can write a small code
>>> to validate that. Do I just need to add HTTP 6.0 in the header or
>>> something like that? Or can I do it from the browser?
>
> You'll probably have to do this with your own custom client... I don't
> know of any browsers that let you play with the HTTP stream enough to
> change the protocol.
>
> Fortunately, the HTTP protocol is pretty easy to fake: you can even use
> telnet:
>
> $ telnet localhost 80
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.localdomain.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> GET / HTTP1.1
>
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 14:39:40 GMT
> Server: Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) mod_jk/1.2.28 mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8g
> Last-Modified: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 01:21:07 GMT
> ETag: "6ab4010-2d-46ef0b81da6c0"
> Accept-Ranges: bytes

> Connection closed by foreign host.

Thanks that helps. I tried the same thing and surprisingly I see Http
505 on telnet but not in the logs. I am going directly to the tomcat
bypassing BigIP

[r...@e1 ~]# telnet ws1 8080
Trying 10.10.50.55...
Connected to ws1 (10.10.50.55).
Escape character is '^]'.
GET / HTTP1.1

HTTP/1.1 505 HTTP Version Not Supported
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 15:42:24 GMT
Connection: close

Connection closed by foreign host.

I had to hit enter twice to get the result. Does it sound ok? If yes,
then I am not sure why 1.1 be a incorrect version.