I have two instances of tomcat 6.0.24 running on a 64bit OS(Win 2008)
and 64 bt JVM.

Both are listening on separate IP addresses and ports.

One instance was installed using the windows installer, the other was
installed by expanding the zip file.

Both instances contain tomcat6.exe file in their respective install
directory.

I have set the heap size on instance 1 (installed using windows
installer) through the sys try icon that allows setting the java initial
and max memory allocation.

Second instance that was installed by expanding the zip file also runs
as a service (used service.bat to install it as a service).

Where do I specify the java heap size for this second instance?

I have plenty of memory (24G) available and I just want to allocation
initial (-Xms) as 1024M and Max (-Xmx) as 4096M.

I tried creating setenv.bat, but it has no effect when tomcat is started
through the service control manager. If I start the instance using
startup.bat, it works.

Is there a way to set these settings in such a way that service is
started using these memory settings?

Thanks,

Anurag                  301-296-3838

*** Please note my email address has changed. Please update it to
amehro...@telebright.com

The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the
message and deleting it from your computer.