Since nabble posts (but not edits) are also being sent to tomcat user mailing
lists, I'll repost my question and apologize for the spam now!

Hello,

We're running into an issue with tomcat 6.0.18 running on solaris.
Occasionally a request will come through that has cookies in the header, but
the request.getCookies() returns no cookies.  This causes the user to lose
session since even the JSESSIONID cookie is not recognized, and of course
all our custom cookies are lost.  It seems to happen randomly, across our
web site, and varies in frequency from every 2-3 requests to over 200
requests before it happens again.

There's no change to the cookie values (or very little) between requests.

In addition, this only seems to be a problem on solaris.  Running on MacOSx
or Linux and we don't see the issue.  Also, we don't have the problem in
Tomcat 5.5.

Any ideas what might be happening?

Thanks.