From: George Sexton [mailto:geor...@mhsoftware.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 14, 2010 10:58 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: [OT] Tomcat dies suddenly

There's a story in a book I once read where a computer system crashed every
morning around the same time. No one could figure it out. Finally, the head of
IS goes down to the computer room at the expected time. In walks a maintenance
man who comes in, opens the cabinet for the computer, and plugs a floor
polisher into a spare outlet in the cabinet. When the maintenance man activates
the polisher, boom, the system crashed.

When asked by his boss what the problem was, he told him it was a buffer
problem.

http://www.amazon.com/Devouring-Fungus-Jennings-Karla/dp/0393307328

I used to have a Novell server that would mysteriously reboot every few days.
In my case, the server was on the same circuit as a laser printer, and both
were plugged into a Haworth cubicle outlet. Periodically, load was too much and
it would causes a server reboot. We brought in another circuit NOT on the
inadequate cubicle wiring system, and the problem went away.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/
Voice: 303 438 9585

*******************************  NOTICE  *********************************
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or
agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply or by
telephone (call us collect at 512-343-9100) and immediately delete this
message and all its attachments.