Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Mario Splivalo [mailto:mario.spliv...@megafon.hr]
>> Subject: Re: Two contexts of the same webapp
>>
>> But, now, I'm wondering, since I'll be having dozens of the same
>> applications, I'd like to automate deploying using war files. In
>> that case, having separate war file for each instance forces me to
>> have several same docBase directories?
>
> Instead of a separate .war file for each, can you configure the different
> settings in each app's <Context> element?  That would let you have one .war
> file, but different .xml files all having the same docBase.
>
> Look here for individualized <Context> settings:
> http://tomcat.us.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/context.html#Context%20Parameters
> http://tomcat.us.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/context.html#Environment%20Entries
> http://tomcat.us.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/context.html#Resource%20Definitions

I could, of course, but I'm loosing the auto-war-deploy feature that
way, right?
I would like to use ant or tomcat manager to deploy war files.
Although, the app is fairly simple, so I could just use manager to stop
all the applications, overwrite the docBase directory with the new
version, and then start all the apps.

        Mike