> From: Nikita Manohar [mailto:nikita.mano...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Regarding Connector in tomcat 6
>
> My web application is currently deployed on Tomcat 6. Currently it is
> running on http.

Applications don't run on HTTP vs HTTPS.  That layer of the protocol stack is
almost entirely invisible to a webapp.

> I was able to run in on HTTPS and for that I need to make
> changes in server.xml everytime iIf  have to run my web
> app on https.

You seem a bit confused:

a) You posted the same message twice from two different e-mail accounts 20
minutes apart.  If you expect a response within 20 minutes from someone, you'll
have to pay for it.

b) You don't appear to have understood the Tomcat doc for configuring
<Connector> elements:

Set up two <Connector> elements, one for HTTP (usually port 80), one for HTTPS
(port 443).  Using a port other than 443 for HTTPS can cause problems for many
versions of Internet Explorer.

c) You don't appear to be familiar with section 12 of the servlet spec, in
particular setting <transport-guarantee> to CONFIDENTIAL in order to require
use of SSL for the portions of the webapp to be protected.  If you don't set
the <transport-guarantee>, you can access all parts of the webapp from either
HTTP or HTTPS, simultaneously.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.