On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 9:31 PM, Cummins College
<cummins.grou...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am aware of the concepts regarding the http connector and the <security
> constraint>. I am able to run the entire web application on https.
>  But i would like to toggle entire web application to http or https at
> runtime. I do not want to shut down tomcat and make changes in tomcat.
>
> Is it possible to code in java and access the server.xml at runtime.

Why do you need to "access the server.xml"? That's not where your
security-constraint goes. And there's no reason you can't have both
http and https connectors defined simultaneously.

Switching the whole app between http and https on the fly seems like
an unusual use case though; maybe you could expand on that a bit?

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com
twitter: @hassan