I need to implement SSL for Tomcat 6.0.24 on Windows 2003 Server R2 SP2 that is
already running IIS 6.0.  Should I implement SSL using IIS or Tomcat?  There
are other webapps running under this Tomcat that do not require https.

Reading through the docs:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/ssl-howto.html#Configuration  The
process seems easy enough.  Generate a keystore and uncomment the SSL connector
in server.xml, changing the default password, and pointing the keystore path
correctly.

I do not have the Tomcat native library installed, so JSSE applies for me.

"...Any page within an application can be requested over a secure socket by
simply prefixing the address with https: instead of http:. "

When I enable SSL, this means that it is enabled for every webapp running under
that Tomcat?  The user can choose the protocol for the URL even if it is not
required?

"...It is not strictly necessary to run an entire web application over SSL, and
indeed a developer can pick and choose which pages require a secure connection
and which do not."
Where do I configure this?  I only need one URL to be available via https:

Leo Donahue