> From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:ch...@christopherschultz.net]
> Subject: Re: Question about SSL
>
> 1. Request protected resource, non-CONFIDENTIAL
> 2. Tomcat responds with login page, login page is configured as
> CONFIDENTIAL

I can't remember if that works; it would only be useful if the resumed request
stayed with HTTPS.  I've never found a case where encrypting the login without
encrypting the protected resource makes any sense.

> In this case, is the user redirected to the login page using SSL?

My recollection is that the login page is SSL, and the cookie is secure, but
I'd have to double-check.  We've managed to convince people that a secure login
for unsecure resources is pretty much pointless.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.