Carl,

Just out of curiosity, have you tried building out machines with DIFFERENT
hardware. E.G. building out a server using an IBM or HP computer, rather than
than the ones you already have. If I recall correctly, you started this thread
out with SIG 11's.

SIG 11's on Linux are quite often hardware problems. I know you've done
memtest, but sometimes that's not enough. Here's a link to a problem I had:

http://archive.lug.boulder.co.us/Week-of-Mon-20071210/035903.html

To make a long story short, there was random disk corruption that was
happening. When I stopped using the on-board controller and went to a PCI one,
the computer would reboot itself under heavy load. Some of the static burn-in
utilities can miss hardware defects because they don't actually stress the
system. E.G. power, CPU, disks, etc. The problem was a specific rev of a
specific motherboard.

I think you need to step back, get a computer from a different manufacturer and
test. You've tried different OS's, different JVMs, different everything, but
different hardware. By your own admission, the app used run flawlessly on an
older server.

When you've eliminated everything else, the thing that remains, however
unlikely must be the culprit.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/