> From: Koushaldev Ramkalawon [mailto:koush...@hotmail.com]
> Subject: Migrating .war to webapps - now restarting tomcat sever
>
> I am using the latest version of tomcat server

And what do you think is the "latest version"?  Be precise.

> OS: Windows XP

32- or 64-bit?

> I want to add a .war to the webapps folder.  I have read that the
> tomcat server need to be restarted for the .war file to be unpacked and
> it's only then we will be able to access the application.

You read wrong.  As long as you have autoDeploy set (the default), any .war
files placed in a <Host> appBase directory will be recognized and deployed
within a few seconds.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/host.html#Automatic%20Application%20Deployment

> Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection.

Right.....

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.