> From: David kerber [mailto:dcker...@verizon.net]
> Subject: Re: Not getting an error that I though I should be getting
>
> Is it still considered good practice to put the jdbc driver jars into
> the common lib location (catalina_home/lib on tc6)?

If Tomcat is managing the connection pool, it's required, not just good
practice.  If your webapp is handling the connection pool, then the JDBC driver
jar should be in the webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory.

> It sounds like you're saying that I'm probably ok with the way I'm set
> up now, but if I change some things, it's possible that something may
> come back to bite me in the future.  Is that a correct interpretation?

That's unclear, since we don't have a good explanation of why you were getting
the errors on the previous level.  It is dangerous to have the same classes
located in multiple places in a given branch of the classloader tree; all sorts
of subtle errors can occur.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.