Unfortunately, everything is missing. Even flat HTML doesn't show up, and
I've tried just about every permutation of directory names I can think of.
It may be that Tomcat isn't even trying, or tries but sees nothing at all.

I'm using 4.1 even though it's embarrassingly old because it's part of the
testing procedure for this application. It's not used in production, so it
doesn't affect much - at least I don't think it does.