2010/3/12 Sai Pullabhotla <sai.pullabho...@jmethods.com>:
> I forgot to mention the version numbers in my previous mail. Here they are:
>
> Richfaces 3.3.1
> MyFaces 1.2.4
> Tomahawk 1.1.6

I have just downloaded trinidad-1.2.13-example.zip and
its trinidad-demo-1.2.13.war works for me in 6.0.26.

Cannot find usable tomahawk or richfaces examples:

tomahawk-examples-1.1.8-bin.zip is for MyFaces 1.1 / Servlet 2.4,
irrelevant here
richfaces-examples-3.3.2.SR1.zip (photoalbum) requires JBoss

In short, parsing in Tomcat 6.0.26 was made more strict to the version
of specification that your web application, your tag library and the
tag that you are calling are using.

The change was to address bug 48668. Most likely this commit is what
affected you:

Please make sure that
1) Your web.xml adheres to the Servlet 2.5 specification
I.e., starts with

<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd";
         version="2.5">

2) The TLD file for the tag library that you are using adheres to the
JSP 2.1 specification.

>  <taglib xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
>  http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-jsptaglibrary_2_1.xsd";
>    xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee";
>  xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; version="2.1">

Yes, that is JSP 2.1

Note, that <taglib> element in web.xml can be used to specify
different location for the TLD file. If the file is not specified in
web.xml, make sure that <uri> element value in your TLD file matches
URI that you used for your tags. That is, to make sure that you are
looking on the actual TLD file that was used.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko