Melanie,
Try a precompiled binary:
http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/linux/jk-1.2.28/

-----Original Message-----
From: Melanie [mailto:melanie.v...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2010 7:47 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Question on Linux Tomcat Apache Server and Port Redirection for a
robotics site

I am compiling mod_jk source code on the server. The command to compile is
./configure --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs (or where ever the apxs/apxs2 is)

I did a quick linux find. -name apxs under the usr directory and nothing
turned up for apxs.

I don't think the mod_jk can be built without it. Is it because Apache Http
server is only 2.2 version?