David kerber wrote:
It looks like we may have had one of these this AM, but under somewhat different conditions: Windows server 2008, JVM 1.6.0_17 64-bit Server VM, TC 5.5.28. No tracks in any of the TC logs, and the Windows event viewer had the singularly un-useful "The Tomcat5 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s)."
After working with Sybase, it appears that the most likely cause was a mismatch between the jodbc.jar file shown in the log below, and the .dll it talks to outside. I had updated the database drivers a couple of weeks ago, and apparently forgot to update the .jar file in TCs shared library folder. It worked for a while, but apparently something special happened today that tripped it up.

BTW, after looking back at my development notes, the jdbc-odbc bridges, while a pain to set up, have better performance than the type 4 drivers that Sybase also offers.