hmmm, I don't think Engine works....according to

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/engine.html
"Exactly one *Engine* element MUST be nested inside a
Service<http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/service.html>element"

I need "two"....one for requests xxxx.domain1.com and one for
xxxx.domain2.com where xxxx is infinite combination.

PATCH submission: I am not interested in regular expression matching and I
have seen many posts on users trying to do <customer>.domain.com, so is
serverName.endsWith(domainName) that much of a performance hit?  This patch
would be great for many applications that just set up wildcard DNS so all
subdomains point to the tomcat ip like basecamp or other products.  Right
now, the problem is we have two apps with two different domains each with
infinite subdomains.

thanks,
Dean

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 8:37 AM, Dean Hiller <dean.hil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, xxx.dev.premonitionx.com will go be routed to
>
> <Engine defaultHost="dev.premonitionx.com"
>
> I will give that a try tonight then.  If it doesn't, I guess I would have
> to write a patch.  I need this feature tooooo badly to be able to do
> <companyname>.premonitionx.com for any companies that register.
>
> thanks!!!
> Dean
>

> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 7:52 AM, Pid <p...@pidster.com> wrote:
>
>> On 01/04/2010 06:53, Dean Hiller wrote:
>>
>>> I added this(I want it to use my requirements.war file for any requests
>>> xxxx.dev.premonitionx.com where xxxx is infinite combinations all of