You sure about that? I've got mine that way (button of type "submit", but with
an "onClick"
event triggering a javascript function.) and it works fine.

 André Warnier wrote:

    > Long form.  Here's the html for file upload (vanilla):
     >
      > <form name="csvUploadForm" action="csvfileupload" method="post"
     > enctype="multipart/form-data">
      >     <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Upload CSV File"
  > onclick="uploadCSVFile();return false;"> </form>

Without and before getting to the Java stuff, I do not really understand why
above you have a button of type "submit", but with an "onClick"
event triggering a javascript function.
Either the button should be of type "button" and have an onClick event handler,
or it should be of type "submit" and not have an event handler.
I suspect that by specifying both, you may be generating 2 actions and
confusing the browser and/or the receiving end.