I'm not sure I understand your question.
But first, are you using plain Eclipse, or MyEclipse? (I use the latter)

Do you mean: Using MyEclipse configured so that it is using an external Tomcat server, NOT the included myEclipse Tomcat server?

I've never used the included myEclipse server, only external servers.

--Ken