Then I think you either need several independent Tomcat instances or multiple virtual hosts. I've occasionally had several independent instances running (but one was started by Eclipse and one from the command line).
I don't know whether Eclipse would support either.
Do you need to do simultaneous development, or just run several other ROOT webapps while developing on one?