Petr Hracek wrote:
Hello *,

may be you already answered to my problem but I did not find any response
why the problem occurs.
On the UnixWare I have installed apache 1.3 together with tomcat 5.5.29 and
jre 1.4.2.
Package apache-tomcat-5.5.29-compat.tar.gz has been already installed as
well.

Maybe nothing to do with your problems, but if you are freshly installing this, maybe you should consider recent versions of these software ?
- the currently-developed Apache version is 2.2.x
1.3 is only maintained for security, as far as I know.
- the current version of Tomcat is 6.0. (24) ?
- the current version of Java is 1.6 (rev 20). Java 1.4 is not even supported anymore.

If you do not start with reasonably recent versions, you will find less and less people able or willing to help you on mailing lists. I am not saying that this is the case in this instance, but the problems you are having may be due to some bug that has been corrected a long time ago, and not many people will have the desire to go search for old bugs.