That is useful to know ... is the Valve in a state that it can be
shared? Did you base any of the interaction with the manager/store on
the SimpleTcpReplicationManager?

I guess the dilemma for us is the
org.apache.catalina.ha.session.SimpleTcpReplicationManager seems to
have the functionality we require (ie from Tomcat 5.0) and there isn't
anything much more we need above that. Just not sure if users are
advised against using it for session replication. If so then I guess
writing your own does sound like the only alternative but that does
seem unusual when tomcat used to have replication "ignoring deltas"
before and other app servers (I can actually only speak of websphere)
seem to let you do this. Would the rationale be that you should only
put immutable objects in the session and tomcat is trying to direct
users to best practice?

--
Kevin Jansz
kevin.ja...@exari.com

Test drive our software online - www.exari.com/demo-trial.html
Read our blog on document assembly - blog.exari.com