> From: Jon Kristensen [mailto:i...@jonkristensen.com]
> Subject: Adding or Mount a Sub-Context or Archive to a Path
>
> I'm using Apache 2.2.9, Tomcat 6.0.26, and mod_jk. I'm forwarding all
> requests from Apache to Tomcat.

Then why are you bothering with httpd?  Remove it and simplify your life (and
improve performance).

> <Context path="" docBase="jon3d-website-0.0.1.0-SNAPSHOT.war"

Putting <Context> elements in server.xml is a really, really bad idea.  The
above is guaranteed to give you double deployment.  Best to just remove the
<Context> element, and rename your .war file to ROOT.war.

> Now, I want to be able to attach (static) content from a WAR, or even
> better, a ZIP file, to a subdirectory, like http://jon3d.org/WebStart.

Then put the static content in webapps/WebStart.war; no <Context> element is
needed.  You cannot use the .zip name, but you can just change the extension of
the .zip file to .war (they're the same format).

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.