Thanks for the reply, Mark. You made me understand the mess I have created.

I have written two web applications abc and xyz. I have mapped
abc.local and xyz.local to my machine's IP Address in my Windows HOST
file. So when I visit http://abc.local, I would want the abc web
application to be accessed. When I visit http://xyz.local, I would
want the xyz web application to be accessed. This is what I have been
trying to achieve. Apparently I have been doing this the wrong way.
Looks like I have some reading to do! Will post back after I read some
Tomcat documentation.

Thanks again!
Joe