Mark Thomas wrote:
On 14/05/2010 00:28, André Warnier wrote:
Leo,

normally in the default config of a webserver, these methods are by
default disabled, for the simple reason that there is no "handler"
defined for them.  That is the case for Apache httpd, and I suppose for
Tomcat.

Nope. The default servlet supports both PUT and DELETE but they are
blocked by default.

I suppose that Tomcat could return a "405 Method Not Allowed" or a "501
Not Implemented" error code, but I am not sure what it does really.

It returns a 403.

Mark

Thanks.
Just for further information really :
If there is a webapp context say at /abc, with a servlet url-mapping of "/*", and this servlet does not have a doPut() method, does a PUT request to /abc get remapped to the default servlet ?

Leo Donahue - PLANDEVX wrote:
Thanks.

Security audit day.  Spent 3 hours making changes - waiting for
results, when the tool ended up reporting a false-positive for DELETE.
Now I know I could have done nothing.  Great.  I still don't have warm
fuzzies about this.

I think they used IBM Rational App Scan, not sure though.

Leo