From: Konstantin Kolinko [mailto:knst.koli...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2010 4:31 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Jmxproxy issue

2010/5/14 Pid <p...@pidster.com>:
> On 14/05/2010 10:59, Honey Bajaj wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have enabled manager application on tomcat 5.5.9 added the required
>> context and security options.
>> I am able to logon to the manager application both the status and jmxproxy
>> are accessible but jmxproxy didn't contain any details related to
>> java.lang:type (such as
> java.lang:type=GarbageCollector,name=Copy=GarbageCollector,name=Copy or
> java.lang:type=OperatingSystem)

FYI:
/jmxproxy/?qry=java.lang:type=OperatingSystem
does work in pristine installation built from the current 6.0.x
sources as of now, but does not in the current 5.5.x,
both running with Sun JDK 6u20.

I think it might be related to the following changelog entry of Tomcat
6 (in version 6.0.21):
"Tomcat now uses the Platform MBean server by default" (...)

"6.0.21" means that it is included in 6.0.24 and later releases. The
above was not
backported to 5.5 branch.

Maybe there is some configuration that will allow seeing the above in
5.5, but I doubt that there is. Also check, what JRE versions your
servers are using.

In any case, as Pid already said, you should consider upgrading.

> Tomcat 5.5.9 is really old (released 14 Oct 2005) - that's 35 internet
> years using the Standard Internet Time Notation.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko