> From: Richard Nduka [mailto:richies4...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: jsessionid problem

> First of all, we are not fronting tomcat with any other web server or
> application server apart from the proxy server (Squid) that seats in
> front of tomcat.

Are you using clustering?

> Secondly, we have not disabled cookies.

You might want to double check that.  You'll need to look in conf/context.xml,
the webapp's META-INF/context.xml, and conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml for
starters.

> In our context, we have cookies set to true

Which is the default.

> For some reason, tomcat still re-writes the URL and
> includes the jsessionid.
>
> Tomcat version: 5.5.23

That version is over three years old; you might want to move up to the current
5.5.29 and see if the problem persists.  A change to jsessionid handling did go
into 5.5.26, but it appears to deal with incoming jsessionid values, not
outgoing.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.